Who We Support
We heard that our Tassie friends were not well, so we thought we better help out the little devils!
Because of an awful disease our Tasmanian devils are facing extinction, and since we are in the buisness of getting kids well, we thought we should help the Tassie devils too! So we called the team at Devil Ark and asked if we can lend a hand. Turns out they need lots of support to feed them, build fences for their homes and keep our Tasmanian devils safe from extinction. Since then, we decided to team up to spread the word about the work at Devil Ark and support them in saving our very cute and playful Australian species.
What we love about Devil Ark
- They are inspired to make a change, to achieve their goals and make a difference
- The team are active and dedicated to the hard work needed to achieve what they set their minds to
- They are conscious to ensure that the devils live, eat and breed in as close to their natural habitat as possible
- The devils are dynamic, happy and full of energy just the way they should be
We are a proud supporter of Devil Ark.
Devil Ark, based in the Barrington Tops, NSW, is a large scale conservation breeding program for the Tasmanian devil.
The iconic Tasmanian devil is currently facing the very real risk of extinction; there are now less than 10% of wild devils left. Scientists predict that the devils will be extinct within the next ten years.
Devils at Devil Ark live in conditions that closely resemble their native Tasmanian habitat. This ensures their wild behaviour is maintained – maximizing numbers of young born and ensuring their successful release into Tasmanian once the disease has wiped out all devils there. It is such a practical and winnable initiative and is paving the way for international programs for endangered animals.
We think they are just too cute!
Furry Friend Facts
- Their Latin name is Sarcophilus harisii. That means Harris’ meat lover. Harris is the name of the man who described them in scientific terms.
- They have long whiskers to help them forage in the dark. Their favourite food is meat.
- Their hearing is their most dominant sense. When they are excited their ears flush bright red.
- They make lots of noise to show each other who is boss!